Sync Toolkit (07-24-2019) Initial Release

Hi Oxygen Users,

The Sync Toolkit is now available to set up automatic file synchronization with any cloud storage.

See the usage guide documentation to get started, and you can go here to download the sync toolkit.

Sync Toolkit (Win v.4 / Mac v.3 / Linux v.3):

• Add and manage sync mounts.
  • Configurable automatic refresh setting for each mount.
  • Set sync exclusion pattern-matching rules.
  • Monitor sync activity.
  • Ability to trigger on-demand refresh (with recursive option).
  • Manage files pending sync (e.g. due to issues such as no permission)
  • Manage sync conflicts
  • Trash feature to commit local deletes to the cloud or to restore a locally deleted file.

The Sync Toolkit works in conjunction with the Oxygen Toolkit, so you can freely use both together (you can configure automatic sync via the Sync Toolkit on folder locations you need to keep in sync and also use the on-demand explorer tool from Oxygen Toolkit to access your files or to script specific operations).

We hope you enjoy these new capabilities to help you get your storage tasks done. Let us know what you think!

Best,
-Jeff

1 Like

Quite simply awesome! The world has needed a toolkit like this for sometime!!

Can I ask - according to the API the download endpoint looks to have support for sparse files but I am not sure what value to feed the API. Also… im not sure what value to pass for pending?

1 Like

Hi @winnal,

Thanks for the positive feedback!

With regards to your questions, I think you’re probably referring to the Sync API reference docs. There’s definitely support for sparse files, as we use it for our Drive toolkit currently in development. Our usage will create a fully sparse stub file (no content)–there’s no current support for partial content sparse files.

It looks like for Start Download call (POST /v1/downloads) to the syncd, you can pass the value “sparse” in for the “forceMode” body param.

For the Get Downloads (GET /v1/downloads) call, I believe that both active and pending downloads are included in the returned list, and the API consumer is responsible for filtering the result set. So there’s no query param to pass.

Let us know if that answers your questions or if you have any more. If you have time, can you let us know what you’re planning on doing with the toolkit? We’re interested in your use case since:

1. You mentioned that you’re interested in sparse files.
  2. You’re obviously pretty motivated to learn more about our stuff since you’ve been combing through API reference docs. :wink:

Best,
-Jeff

2 Likes