Hello Oxygen Users,
The new Infinity Drive is out! Infinity Drive is a cloud drive application that makes the storage you’ve authorized via the Explorer Toolkit accessible through the Windows File System.
Read more about the benefits here in our documentation. In a nutshell, users and applications can get unified access to all kinds of storage in a way that’s scalable so you don’t crush your network bandwidth or your local hard drive capacity… discover a solution for where traditional “sync everything” systems fail because there’s just too much data to try to sync at once.
Some of the things you can do with the Infinity Drive are listed below.
Infinity Drive (win v.7)
- Access your authorized storage via Windows Explorer, application file dialogs, terminal apps (powershell, cmd, etc.)
- See your files through a virtual folder that does not consume any local disk space yet.
When you open a file for the first time, a download dialog appears to show progress retrieving data from storage.
- Reorganize your files: rename and move content within the infinity folder.
- Copy data across storage providers
- Update files and see the changes go up automatically. If the machine is offline or the storage provider is unavailable, the changes will sync when the network and the storage provider are available.
- Monitor upload and download activity with the Monitor from the system tray menu.
- Handle sync errors (pending) and conflicts through the Monitor.
- Import data by dragging-and-dropping into the infinity folder.
Coming Soon in a future release…
- Always Download option: right-click a file or folder and select the “Always Download” option for offline access.
- Import Drive / Export Drive for bulk operations.
Intrigued? Here’s something you might find surprising… while you can use Infinity Drive as a solution to your unified access needs, we’ve actually built this thing to also demonstrate how you can build your own infinity drive app (or other kinds of apps) for your own storage… stay tuned for more information about that soon.